The building once belonged to Alexander Hamilton's son
A landmarked St. Marks Place home, that once belonged to Alexander Hamilton's son, has just sold for $10 million, the Commercial Observer reports. That house was also home to the punk-rock shop Trash & Vaudeville until it moved out of that space in February this year.
Hamilton-Holly House, as the building is known, was purchased by Castellan Real Estate Partners for $2 million under the original asking price. The property was first listed by Eastern Consolidated for $11.9 million, but by February this year that priced had dropped down to $10.5 million.
The townhouse is currently empty, but was previously configured to have retail on the ground and lower level, and four free-market apartments above that. A new owner could potentially reconfigure the entire space, an agent for Eastern Consolidated told the Commercial Observer.
Alexander Hamilton Jr. purchased the 10,000 square-foot house two years after it was built in 1831. The building was declared a New York City landmark in 2004.
- EV Home That Belonged to Alexander Hamilton’s Son Sells for $10M [CO]
- Trash & Vaudeville Will Leave St. Marks Place At the End of February [Curbed]