Friday, 13 January 2017
Thursday, 8 December 2016
Wednesday, 9 November 2016
A map breaks down the voting data
It’s a new day in America: yesterday, in what was either a stunning upset or the inevitable conclusion of a wildly unpredictable election cycle, Donald Trump was elected President of the United States. (If you need a moment to let that sink in, we don’t blame you.)
In the aftermath, pundits and prognosticators have been trying to figure out how their predictions went so off the rails—Hillary Clinton was the presumed winner up until about 9 p.m. But there were some states that voted as predicted, and New York, unsurprisingly, was one of them; polls closed at 9 p.m., and it was called for Clinton soon thereafter.
But if you’re curious how the city voted, there’s now an interactive map that’ll help you figure that out. Using data provided by the Board of Elections, DNAInfo created a map that shows each voting district in the five boroughs, how many people voted there, and who they voted for. Unless you live on Staten Island, you can be almost guaranteed that your vote went to Hillary Clinton; she captured 79 percent of the city’s vote, with the remaining 21 percent coming from the much-maligned borough, as well as neighborhoods like Midwood, Borough Park, and Middle Village.
DNA also has details on the various other races that happened in New York yesterday, including the Senate (Chuck Schumer won), state senators, assembly members, and more. Check it out here.